Hot Springs Cove
Welcome Aboard the Hot Springs Cove Program!
Remote Passages brings many years of experience and a responsible approach to whale watching on the west coast. We offer a half-day whale watching program that travels to Gray whale feeding areas near Tofino, and a combination package which includes the thermal pools at Hot Springs Cove.
Our excursions take you through the pristine waters of Clayoquot Sound, revealing sensational scenery, and wildlife such as Gray whales, sea lions, seals, porpoise and Killer whales. The area is also known for its variety of sea birds, including tufted puffins, and the numbers of resident bald eagles. Visit The Whale Report for recent sightings.
"Hot Springs Explorer" (6 1/2 to 7 hours)
Hot Springs Cove is a natural hot spring located in Maquinna Provincial Park in the remote north end of Clayoquot Sound. Hot Springs Cove is reached by walking a 2 kilometre-long wooden boardwalk trail from the dock. The springs are open year round and accessible by taking the Hot Springs Explorer from Tofino.
- March/April through October
- travels 32 km/20 mi. from Tofino to the north end of Clayoquot Sound
- marine wildlife stops on this outstanding coastal exploration program can include California and Steller sealion haul-outs, bald eagle lookouts, and a scenic seabird nesting island
- frequently includes whale observation & information stops; black bear occasionally seen on this route
- 2 km/1mile hike on rainforest boardwalk trail from dock to springs
- natural sulphur hot springs (about 50C/110 F) offer a truly magical soak
- a day excursion for the energetic! (pack a lunch)
Departure Times & Rates
for 2012 - 2013 *
|Zodiac||$115||$95 (5-12)||early afternoon
|6 1/2 to 7 hours|
2010 Spring Discounts *
|Zodiac||$105||$95 (5-12)||early afternoon
|6 1/2 to 7 hours|
- Multi-Trip: 10% off 2nd & additional programs
- Group: 10% off, minimum number varies by tour.
- Student: 10% off, includes post-secondary; with valid student card.
- CAA (including AAA, ADAC and other CAA affiliates): 10% off
- Hostelling International: 10% - 15% off, depending on program
* Discounts on regular adult rates only
* Offers cannot be combined with any other discount
We recommend advance reservations for all our tours. Group rates available for 6 or more.
Prebooking can be arranged by VISA or MasterCard, or with 50% deposit.
48 hour change / cancellation policy (groups may vary)
* Add Tax. We reserve right to add fuel surcharge (currently $7pp), change price without notice.
Beginning in 2012, a $4 Provincial Park fee for Maquinna Marine Park will be collected.
Please Note: $2 will be added to all fares to support marine wildlife and forest ecosystem research and education in Clayoquot Sound.